Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Low Carb, Low Fat Foods

{I meant to post this a while ago... but it's still fairly relevant.  I am eating less cheese now.}

I really need to cut a lot of my carbs from breads and cheese from my diet.  Here are the foods in my house right now.  What others can I add?  How can I feel full without the breads and cheeses? {PS I don't have a lot of time to spend fixing meals so quick and easy is preferable.}

Fish
Tuna fish
Chicken
Ground Beef (less than 10% fat)
Canned veggies of all kinds
Canned and fresh fruit
Whole wheat bread
Honey Nut Cheerios
Special K with Strawberries
Various sharp cheeses
Graham crackers
Popcorn
Dark chocolate

Milk
Water
Lemonade (and Pink)
Naked brand juice (blueberry mix)

The problem is, out of all these foods, I normally go for a cheese sandwich.  It's fast and I love cheese.  I need to work on cutting my carbs and cheeses.  It's the cheese I cut out of my diet before my surgery that made me loose all that weight.  Maybe if I grab my sliced apples or a can of veggies instead I could stay full and not eat all the cheese.  I just love cheese so much though!
blog comments powered by Disqus