Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vicious Cycle

When I'm depressed I eat this:


Now granted, chocolate is a natural mood enhancer.  It contains phenylethylamine - a mood-regulating chemical found naturally in the brain. And researchers at the University of Arizona College of Medicine in Tucson say it may also boost the brain's production of serotonin, a natural antidepressant.

It also contains calories and fat.
Therefore I lose myself in a vicious cycle:
 *sigh*  I also like to shop when I'm depressed... anyone know how to fix minor, inconsistent depression without gaining weight or spending our emergency fund?  I'm considering medication but my depression is very sporadic and situational, not really chemical.  I don't know if they'd work.

Maybe when my work out videos arrive I'll have enough endorphins flooding my system that I don't need chocolate or sales at JoAnns. Here's what I ordered:
blog comments powered by Disqus