Sunday, July 4, 2010

Motivation Monday - July 5th

Motivation Monday
brought to you by Me!

Welcome to Motivation Monday!  I will be chronicling my journey back to a healthy body, mind, and spirit.  Each week I will discuss how the previous week was and set some goals for the next week.  I will also be listing my progress.  If you would like to see past progress you can look in my archives for other Motivation Monday and Get Moovin' Monday posts.  If you would like to get motivated with me please link up your post using the link form below.  Your post can be in any format you want.  Whether you are trying to get healthier physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually or if you just have a task you need some motivation to complete...please link up so we can help support each other.  I would love to hear about your progress and help keep you motivated!

My Week
I did okay this week.  I am adding more fat into my diet to help my digestive tract heal so my numbers will be high for a couple weeks I imagine.  I have been using my elliptical about 10 minutes a day these last couple of days.  DH and I are starting a new program called Walk to Run by Nike +.  I am very excited about it.  Freaked out by week 10 onward... but I think I can do it!  All the girls on Win, Lose, or Blog run... so why can't I?

My Progress
I am not too happy with my numbers this week.  I knew I would gain after my surgery.  For two weeks prior and after my surgery I barely ate anything, and anything I did eat was no/low fat.  Last week I have been slowly re-introducing cheese back into my diet.  The good news is that my body is tolerating the extra fat very well which means I am healing.  The bad news is that I gained weight.

Now, I did go up in muscle mass by .2%.  That is positive since muscle heavily outweighs fat.  However, I doubt it accounts for the 4lbs I gained.  I was about to have a period though... (switched my BC to stop it.  Abdominal surgery + heavy cramping =VERY BAD!  Seriously... the only two times I have had a period with this birth control was 2 weeks post c-section and 2 weeks post gallbladder removal... what the hell?!  Um... yeah where was I?  Right... period...}  Since I was beginning a period, I probably have a little water weight on me.  All in all I am not too discouraged.  It was hard seeing those numbers, even though I knew it was coming... but the party is still on and I am still pumped for it!  In case you haven't heard yet, as soon as I get under 200 lbs I'll be throwing a party in celebration!  I'm even rounding up some giveaways to make a huge bash out of it.  Here is the button in case you want to help spread the word.  You can see the whole post here.





My Numbers {From Last Saturday's Weigh In}
{Green is Improvement, Red is Bad, Mmkay?, Blue is Stayed the Same}
Weight - 216
BMI % - 51.2
Water % - 36.6
Muscle Mass % - 33.7

How did you do this week?
If you would like to link up, you can do it on any of the sites with this linky tool.  Linking to one will link you to all of them.  It's that easy!  If you'd like to have the blog hop linky on your post like mine, just press "Get the Code Here" and copy/paste it into your post.

blog comments powered by Disqus