Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Food, Glorious Food!

My all time favorite foods:
  • Cheesecake - especially New York with strawberry topping and cappuccino
  • Dark chocolate
  • Mac & Cheese (with homemade cheese sauce)
  • Cottage cheese with fruit - especially peaches and pears
  • Pears, Bananas, Peaches, Grapes, Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries
  • Pancakes and waffles
  • Halibut
  • Carrots, sweet peas, yellow squash
  • King Ranch chicken
  • Rice, pasta, cheese filled pasta
  • Filet mignon
  • Beef medallions
  • Chicken breast on cheesy rice
  • French bread
  • Muffins - especially blueberry and chocolate
What I eat all the time:
  • Turkey sandwich with sharp cheddar cheese and mayo on either white bread or a burger bun
  • Cheese pizza with no sauce
  • Baked Chicken
  • Cereal - Kashi heart wise and Honey bunches of oats with strawberries or almond clusters
  • Grilled fish fillets

Now that we know those two things... I can pick out what is good for me, invest in some higher quality foods that I really enjoy, drop the empty calories, and indulge sparingly on the sweets I absolutely love.

I'm seeing a lot of cheese...  It is my favorite food I suppose.  Unfortunately, it is fairly fatty too.  What I need to do is cut down on all the bread I eat, cut back on some cheeses, and increase my protein intake.  Eggs are an easy way to do that.  I just hate cleaning the pan afterward though.  Our stove runs on the hot side so you either get runny eggs or they stick to the (non stick) pans.  It makes cooking eggs a bit of a hassle.  Plus I can't put salsa on them anymore like I loved to do.  I'm still afraid I'll have another reaction to the tomatoes.

What are your suggestions?  What is something healthy, affordable, and easy to prepare that you enjoy eating?
blog comments powered by Disqus