Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Calories Per Day

According to my current weight, my goal weight, my height, and my age, this is the work up of how many calories I should be taking in per day.
  • You need 2315.9 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.
  • You need 2018.1 calories per day to reach your goal weight slowly and maintain that weight without exercise.
  • If you reduce your current caloric intake to 1815.9 calories per day you will lose one pound per week without exercise.
  • If you increase your current caloric intake to 2815.9 calories per day, you will gain one pound per week.
Exercise and Calorie Needs
  • If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2572 calories per day and still maintain your current weight.
  • If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2892.2 calories per day to maintain your current weight.
  • If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2238.5 calories per day.
  • If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2514 calories per day.
I would like to lose 2 lbs a week until I get to about 180 lbs. Then I will no longer be obese and I can slow it down to 1 lb a week to stay at a healthy rate. So... if I eat roughly 1800-2000 calories a day and work out at least 20 minutes a day, I should lose about 2 lbs a week. Sound right to you?
blog comments powered by Disqus