Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So Not Fair...

Someone forgot to tell my body I am no longer pregnant.  I would be in my second trimester now had I not miscarried... but my body is acting as if I really am.  I gained 3lbs in the last two days!  I haven't changed my diet or exercise at all.  In fact, with all these abdominal cramps and losing so much fluid you'd think I would have lost weight.  It is so frustrating seeing the scale go up even after the pregnancy ended.  It's like a slap in the face to an already painful reminder.  I seem to remember I had the same problem with my first miscarriage.  That was a phantom pregnancy though where I gained weight and even continued to feel fetal movement for another month and a half after it ended.  I wouldn't imagine that would happen with this one since I have had some closure already.  The good news is that the doctor says I look alright inside and that I can go back to normal activity as long as I am comfortable. 

It is going to take a lot of work for me to actually do it... but I think in the evenings I need to fix dinner, get LB down for his evening nap, and then go to the gym while DH can be home with LB.  I really hate working out in the evenings.  I am tired from a whole day of ineffective exercise chasing LB around and all I want to do is relax and spend time with DH.  I really need to get healthy though, and I think after a week or so of forcing myself to go to the gym in the evenings I'll really see some improvement in my energy level.  Wish me luck!
blog comments powered by Disqus