Monday, November 29, 2010

A Bit Stressed...

... okay a lot stressed.  So first the good news:
  • We got the house we wanted and I signed the lease today.
  • Tomorrow I go to accept the keys and do the move in inspection.
  • The last month's rent and electricity is already paid for on our current place so we have until the end of December to move out.
Now the bad news:
  • The landlord wants to show the house ASAP... but it still looks like this in our bedroom because there is no where to store things in the house.
  • and the carpets need to be cleaned because the cat peed on the floor once when his little box was moved. 
Our house is in no condition to be seen and he wants to bring someone else in here to show it off.  It will only take until we can move out (hopefully this week but that is really short notice) to get it in shape to be seen.  What if the movers can't make it until a couple weeks from now?  Then what do I do?  We already got rid of our boxes so we have nothing to move things over ourselves.  I am just at a loss as to what to do in this situation.  The house is a mess and I can't very well hide everything in a closet.  They'll want to open all the closets to look in.  I can't avoid our landlord for more than a few days.  He lives 5ft from our front door in the apartment next to us.  What would you do?

UPDATE:  Thanks for all the advice y'all.  I found a moving company to come tomorrow morning and our landlord isn't having anyone come over until Thursday at 2.  God heard my prayers.  I'll let you all know how it goes.
blog comments powered by Disqus