Thursday, October 21, 2010

An All New Diet

Well, I am almost back to normal.  I am still only able to eat applesauce and crackers, but I'm not getting sick anymore.  I think in a couple days I'll be able to eat anything I want again.  Which brings an interesting thought to mind...

There is literally nothing in my system right now.  Thank you virus for the system flush...  It wasn't pleasant, but it is what it is.  Now the question is, what will I put back in it?

Like I said, I have not bought any cheese this month.  In fact, the only dairy in the house is milk and vanilla yogurt.  I think I will concentrate on the chicken and fish in the freezer for meals.  We have some 90% lean meat as well but I think that's going to be too harsh for me for at least a week.  Plus, with the cost of meat it's more something we eat on occasion and not several times a week.  Let's see, what should I be eating?
  • Whole grains - whole grain homemade bread, brown rice
  • Veggies - green beans, corn, spinach, carrots, broccoli
  • Fruits - tomatoes, pears, peaches, apples
  • Lean meats/Proteins - chicken, fish, soybutter, beans, eggs
  • Low fat dairy - milk, yogurt, cottage cheese
Looks pretty good to me.  Any suggestions?
blog comments powered by Disqus