Monday, September 13, 2010

Sudden Need to Bake

I've noticed over the last... well I think since LB was born (and we got a nice kitchen for the first time), I've had a need to bake sweets.  I never felt this way before.  Now, every time I see something sweet at the store or anywhere really... I have to bake it!

Which of course, leaves lots of "fatty cakes" sitting around the house for DH and I to get fat on.  My only saving grace is that a lot of the time I have the urge to bake but not the energy to do so.  The latest craving is cinnamon rolls.  I happened upon them while grocery shopping and thought "They look yummy but I don't want to spend $3 on something that I'm sure isn't as yummy as they look and I could make them for much cheaper anyways."  I happened to be in an expensive store so I thought I would stop by Wal-mart and pick up some cinnamon buns for cheap.  On my way there I decided to turn right and just go home instead.  I was pretty proud of myself.

The problem is... I still want to bake some and I guess it will be a matter of time before my craving overtakes my laziness.  I suppose if I bake them myself and substitute out the oil and butter with flax seed and applesauce they shouldn't be too fattening.  Plus, I'll get plenty of fiber.  I guess it's not too bad to eat one sweet a day so long as I keep up with DH and my deal to do at least 5 extra minutes of exercise when I indulge in one.  What do you think?
blog comments powered by Disqus