Sunday, September 5, 2010

Motivation Monday September 6

Motivation Monday



Welcome to Motivation Monday!  I will be chronicling my journey back to a healthy body, mind, and spirit.  Each week I will discuss how the previous week was and set some goals for the next week.  I will also be listing my progress.  If you would like to see past progress you can look in my archives for other Motivation Monday posts.  If you would like to get motivated with me please link up your post using the link form below.  Your post can be in any format you want.  Whether you are trying to get healthier physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually or if you just have a task you need some motivation to complete...please link up so we can help support each other.  I would love to hear about your progress and help keep you motivated!


I am doing my Motivation Mondays a little differently this week.  I will still be weighing in, but instead of tracking my progress by workouts done and pounds lost, I will be sharing some healthy steps I've taken during the week and some positive changes I have noticed.

Healthy Steps
This week I have been munching on apples and celery.  I have also cut back on the amount of cheese and bread I eat in a day.  I've tried to incorporate movement into my regular day by carrying LB around more and bringing up all the groceries instead of asking DH to help with some (we live upstairs).  Tonight I did something fun... I took a nice, relaxing, hot bath... then I SPLASHED!  I did some leg extensions and cobras using the water to help soothe and ease my joints and I ended up splashing a bit.  It was so fun that I splashed harder and kinda... well I was able to finally mop the bathroom floor let's say... it was so much fun and I laughed so hard!  Yay for unintentional ab work outs!  You should try it sometime.  It's nice to be able to "act like a kid" every now and then.

Next week I plan on using my AbLounge nightly (50 crunches, holding each 10 for 10 count is my norm right now), working out on my exercise ball (aren't those fun?), and making use of my new power rider machine.  I might use my elliptical more, but I just can't get in the right rhythm on it.  We'll see.

Changes I've Seen
Okay, let's keep this positive... I have noticed a higher sex drive in the last couple of weeks which means I feel sexier!  It's a nice feeling.  I've been swaying my hips a bit more, wearing nice clothes and sometimes a bit of lipstick.  I plan on getting some eye shadow next time I go to the store since all mine is like 5 years old.  It's been a while since I worse makeup.  I had my hair washed and styled after getting my eyebrows waxed and I feel pretty good about it.  My weight isn't dropping, but I am able to see myself in a better light which is great.  I don't think it was all my birth control, but my depression sure is getting better now.

My Numbers {From Last Saturday's Weigh In}
{Green is Improvement, Red is Bad, Mmkay?, Blue is Stayed the Same}
Weight - 224
BMI % - 54
Water % - 34.6
Muscle Mass % - 33.1

How did you do this week?
If you would like to link up, you can do it on any of the sites with this linky tool.  Linking to one will link you to all of them.  It's that easy!  If you'd like to have the blog hop linky on your post like mine, just press "Get the Code Here" and copy/paste it into your post.

blog comments powered by Disqus