Friday, September 3, 2010

A New Perspective

I need a new perspective.  This whole weight loss thing just isn't working for me.  In fact, it's doing the opposite.  I am gaining weight, stressing out, getting depressed, eating more, then gaining weight.  See the cycle?  I need to break it. 

I know what I need to do, I just don't know how to go about doing it.  I need to live my life happily and get healthy without obsessing over it.  I have a confession to make... I check my weight about 5 times a day.  Everytime I go in the bathroom where my scale lives, I step on it.  I realize that my weight fluctuates everyday and throughout the day, and you know what...?  That doesn't bother me... but for some reason I am drawn to the scale.  I guess I'm hoping it will tell me I've lost 5lbs or something.  I really don't know.

I've decided something needs to change.  Nothing is happening as it is now.  I take that back, things are happening, I'm gaining weight.  That's bad mkay?  Every time I've lost weight it's been during a time in my life where I was busy and paid no attention to my weight.  Anytime I lose weight, people would ask "You look great. How'd you do it?"  And I would stare back dumbfounded until I found a scale to check.  Sure enough I had lost 20lbs and had NO idea how!  Stress is obviously a negative factor in my weight loss system.

I'm still not sure what all needs to change, but I am going to tweak some things on the blog.  My Motivation Mondays will be formatted differently.  I'll still be weighing in weekly and posting those numbers for you, but instead of focusing on how my week went and my progress thus far, I'll be talking about something I did that week to be a healthier me.  I'll also be working a lot on motivation so you'll likely see more posts pertaining to that subject specifically.  Lack of motivation and stress, those are two main set backs for me.  If you have any other ideas on how to live life and not give a crap about what the scale says... please share.  I could use all the advice I can get about this.  I feel like I'm at a stand still.
blog comments powered by Disqus