Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back



I feel like I am two steps forward, three steps back with my weight loss.  Have you ever been there?  If you're still reading this blog after a couple of posts... I'm pretty sure you have.  I lost 35lbs of water weight and baby fat after having my son last December.  THEN I lost another 20lbs just before and after I had my gallbladder removed in June because I had to cut out all fats.  I was so happy that I was UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight at only 7 months postpartum because I had gained 50lbs with my son and the preeclampsia.  But, as soon as I went back to a normal diet (mostly adding cheese back into my diet) I jumped back up to 225.  I almost hit 230 a couple weeks ago and FREAKED OUT!  I had almost undone all that weight I had lost.



It's hard to continue losing when we see those numbers creep back up.  I was so centered on being only 5lbs away from where I started (not counting the loss from 270-230 after LB's birth) that I forgot to look at how much I had really gained.  I realized, I only gained back 10 lbs.  Ten pounds isn't bad considering how much I have to lose AND considering I gained it after having major surgery.  It's hard not to be hard on ourselves, but sometimes we need to sit back and think Have I really fallen that far or is it just a little rut?

So here I am, bounced back 10lbs.  But, I am still ahead 45lbs!  And that is something to celebrate!
blog comments powered by Disqus