Sunday, May 29, 2011

Small Change Challenge

I've been invited by Tami at Nutmeg Notebook to participate in her Small Change Challenge.  As she put it so well, a bit of change doesn't go far. {especially with gas prices up to nearly $5 a gallon... I remember when $5 filled up my tank!} However, if you add up all your change you could rack up quite a bit of cash.  The same goes for healthy living.  She is challenging each of us to make small changes to better our overall health.


We can choose to make one small change for the whole four week challenge, or choose one thing to focus on and conquer each week.  I've decided to work on four things during this challenge and add each week to the previous weeks so I can change four things about my habits in one month.  I'll be posting my progress on Wednesdays so make sure to check in on Mondays for Monday Motivation and Slimmer This Summer, and Wednesdays for the Small Change Challenge.

Here are my four small changes:

  • June 1-4 Count all my calories and keep appropriate portion control (Feeling stuffed is really starting to make me feel sick and sluggish.)
  • June 5-11 Exercise at least 10 minutes every day (Preferably 30-60 minutes)
  • June 12-18 Take at least 10 minutes a day to relax, meditate, and/or practice yoga and correct breathing techniques (Get in the mindset that rest and relaxation are essential to staying healthy and proper breathing is paramount!)
  • June 19-29  Cook nutritious meals with more than 2 ingredients (Be more creative with my healthy cooking to make it more flavorful.)

I'm officially inviting you to join me on this challenge.  You can make one small change in a month; I have faith in you!  Go here to sign up, but do it FAST!  The challenge begins tomorrow!  Going on vacation sure does put things behind huh?  I'm just glad I got her invite today so I could participate.
blog comments powered by Disqus