Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's My Birthday!

My dear motivators, it's finally Saturday... wanna know how I did?!

Well, I did not lose 3lbs and get under 220lbs for my birthday but I did lose weight AND I maintained my yearly goal to be less each month than the month before.  On April 2, 2011 I was 225.6 and today, May 7th I am 222.8lbs!  Not too shabby I'd say!  My goal for next week is to break this 220lb hump and go full steam ahead to my Onederland party!  {I'll tell you all about that later, but essentially I'm having a party when I get down to the 100's.}

But you wanna know what is more important than that?  My husband helped me to see I am capable of more than I thought I was.  Three days ago he lead LB and I on a walk.  He didn't tell me where we were going or how far it would be.  I was nervous, but my husband has done so much for me over the past month and seeing how excited he was about this walk I couldn't disappoint him.  I prayed for God's strength to follow my husband no matter where he took us and to trust that he knows my limits.  We ended up walking about 3 miles along the river on a gravel walkway pushing LB's stroller.  We stopped and watched the beavers and ducks a couple of times but kept a good pace.  I wasn't tired until we were on our way back and then I just sat in the shade for about a minute before we carried on.  It was a pretty nice walk.

Then the next day I wanted to go shopping but DH had the car for work so I packed LB up in his stroller and we set off for the store.  LB and I walked almost 6 miles that day.  I never thought I could walk more than 1.5 miles before.  Now I know I am capable of walking longer and longer distances.  We might even walk the 5K next Saturday for our local Breast Cancer Detection Center.  The tough thing about that walk is that it will be up and down hills... but I am capable!  Now to ride my bike to the gym {which is right next to the store}.  That's one of my non-scale goals.
blog comments powered by Disqus