Friday, September 16, 2011

The Best Gift Challenge - Beginning Week



The challenge has begun!  I'll be posting my weekly updates every Friday to link up at Less of Me, More of Him on Saturday.  Here are my weekly goals:
  1. Continuing my daily prayer and Bible study time,
  2. Continuing to lose weight by staying true to my Weight Watcher's plan,
  3. Preparing and eating healthy foods everyday,
  4. Exercising consistently,
  5. Hydrating properly each day,
  6. Taking time to rest throughout the day and get enough sleep at night,
  7. and Setting aside time to play and laugh with my husband and son each day.
I've been lacking in my morning Bible study time.  These last couple of mornings I have gotten back into my routine and I plan to stay to it this week.  Starting my day off talking with God and taking the time to read His word and listen to what He wants me to do with my life really gives me to strength and motivation to make it through my day.  I have been doing really well following my Weight Watcher's plan and it's showing.  I look better, feel better, and the number on the scale is dropping.  I was even in the single digits a few days ago.  I hope to see that loss stay on Saturday, but I know that day by day my weight will fluctuate so I won't be devastated if I'm still 210.  My clothes are fitting better and that's something big!

I've been eating and drinking alright this week, but I really could drink a couple more cups a day and fix more elaborate meals than tuna or eggs.  I really need to work on my daily exercise.  I'm getting about 4-6,000 steps a day but I need 10,000 to be healthy and I really need to add some strength training.  My Dr says it's good not only for weight loss and heart health, but for my sex drive too which has suffered for years.  We're tracking my hormones right now to see if that's the culprit.  {Whole other story though.. I'll elaborate on my journal blog, Half of Me, later in case you are interested in hearing what I'm going through.}  Finally, I have been doing alright playing with my son and spending time with my husband and relaxing, but this too could use some work.

So, this week I need to work harder at:
  • Drinking 8 glasses of water a day
  • Cooking meals that consist of protein, dairy, grain, fruits, and veggies
  • Unwinding at night so I can fall asleep at a healthy hour
  • Spending some quality time with my husband each night
  • Exercising every day and trying to get 10,000 steps in
blog comments powered by Disqus