Sunday, July 3, 2011

Motivation Monday, July 4

Motivation Monday



Welcome to Motivation Monday! I will be chronicling my journey back to a healthy body, mind, and spirit. Each week I will discuss how the previous week was and set some goals for the next week. I will also be listing my progress. If you would like to see past progress you can click on the Motivation Monday photo above for other Motivation Monday posts. If you would like to get motivated with me please link up your post using the link form below. Your post can be in any format you want.Whether you are trying to get healthier physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually or if you just have a task you need some motivation to complete...please link up so we can help support each other. I would love to hear about your progress and help keep you motivated!

Healthy Steps:
I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting this week.  It went pretty well.  With jeans and a tank top on I was 2.8lbs heavier than naked so that's not bad.  I'll still be using my NEKED weigh in on here and my clothed one on WW site.  I held steady this week and gained last.  I hope to see a nice loss this week.  Even though I didn't lose, just knowing I am sticking to a plan that has worked for millions is keeping my hopes high.  As long as I can stick to their science then I know it will work.  Oh and y'all had some questions (which btw I had as well) and I got some answers at my meeting.  The reason fruits are free is because they calculated their carbs and sugars into all the other foods you'd be eating in a day to leave you room to eat a full days' worth of fruits without using points.  Make sense?  The other foods' points are slightly higher than they should be to compensate for free fruits and veggies.  You still have to eat mindfully to satisfaction and not fullness.

I was also very confused about the weekly points allowance.  I thought Why don't they just give me more daily points and leave it at that?, but there are two reasons for it.  One, if you eat only your daily points you will lose weight.  If you eat your daily points and ALL your weekly points you will still lose weight, just not as quickly.  And the reason for making them extras is so you can choose when to use them.  Daily points don't roll over.  I have one day to eat 35 points and I need to get as close to that mark as I can since much lower than that and I won't lose weight because my body would think I was starving.  Remember my first week when I felt soooo hungry?  That's why. lol I was eating junk for points.  The weekly points can be used any time through the week.  You can use them each day to have your sweets or chips, or you can use them all in one day for a b-day party for example.  It really makes more sense to me now that the leader sat down and explained the science.  Wish me luck for next week!



I'm also linking up to Slimmer this Summer hosted by Debbi and Mir.  Join us!

Slimmer This Summer Goals:
  • Track my calories and use proper portion control {Check}
  • Exercise at least 10 minutes per day, preferably more {Almost - Not every day but I made up for it}
  • Drink at least 6 cups of water per day working my way up to 9 (48 ounces minimum) {Check}
My Week's Workouts:
  • June 27 - Crunches to the front and each side (5 mins each)
  • June 28 - Walking - 25 mins  Vigirous housecleaning/moving furniture - 3 hours
  • July 3 - Light housecleaning/moving boxes - 2 hours
My Numbers
Green is ImprovementRed is Bad, Mmkay?Blue is Stayed the Same

Weight -220
Body Fat % -52.5
Water % -35.7
Muscle Mass % -33.7

How did you do this week?



blog comments powered by Disqus